Many times we create multiple Google accounts and due to having many Gmail accounts, we cannot use them all. In such a situation,
A hacker can misuse your Google Gmail account. So it is better to delete the extra Gmail accounts that are not used.
Deleting Google Gmail account is very easy, you can delete your Gmail account in just 2 minutes by following the steps mentioned here.
So let’s start
- Step 1: First of all, log in to the Internet browser with the Gmail ID that you want to delete.
- Step 2: Click on the grid icon in the top right corner and select the “Account” option from the pop-up menu.
- Step 3: Click on “Data & personalization” from the navigation panel (it can appear on the left or top of your window).
- Step 4: In a new window, scroll down and click on “Delete a service or your account“.
Delete Gmail Account
- Step 5: Then on the next screen, find the section titled “Delete a Google service” and click on “Delete a service”.
- Step 6: Now you will be asked to enter your password again.
- Step 7: After this you will receive a verification code to your number to verify.
- Step 8: OPTIONAL: To save any important information from being permanently erased, click on “Download Data“.
- Step 9: On the next screen, click on the trash icon next to “Gmail“.
- Step 10: Enter an alternate email address( It should not be any other Gmail address). Click on “Send Verification Email”.
- Step 11: Open the email from Google that you should have received with your alternate email.
- Step 12: Follow the deletion link given in the message.
- Step 13: Select Yes, I want to delete [email protected] ”.
- Step 14: Click “Delete Gmail“. Then, click on “Done“.
So in this way, you can delete your Gmail account,
Delete Google Account
If you want to delete the entire Google account instead of Gmail account,
then you have to follow the other steps given below.
- Step 1: Follow Step 1 to Step 4 above.
- Step 2: After this, find the section titled “Delete your Google Account” and click on “Delete your account“.
- Step 3: Enter your password.
- Step 4: OPTIONAL: To save any important information from being permanently deleted, click on “download your data”.
- Step 5: Check both boxes and click on “Delete Account“.
Deleting the entire Google Account means that the contents of your Google Drive and many other Google-related accounts will be lost.
And you will no longer be able to access subscriptions (such as apps, movies, games, music, and TV shows).
That you have purchased on YouTube and play store that are related with that account.
If the Google Chrome browser is sync with the Google account that you have deleted, the browser information, including the bookmark, will be deleted.
We hope that you have liked this article on how to delete the Gmail account and you will have easily deleted your Gmail account in the manner we have described.
In today’s article, we have also given you information about how to delete Google account, so that you can delete your entire Google Account Permanently if you want.