In this article today, we are going to tell you about a very important topic which is to find (filter duplicates in excel) and remove duplicate records from MS-Excel.
Friends, as you may have seen, when we make data entry in MS Excel, we do duplicate entries many times and we don’t know and if we go to find those entries one by one, it will take a lot of time, and also there is no guarantee that we should find those entries completely.
So in this article today, we are going to give you a method using which you can find those entries in a few seconds, so let’s start.
How To Find Duplicate Records In MS- Excel?
There are many ways to find duplicate records, we have mentioned one of the easiest ways here, so let’s discuss It.
- First of all you have to select all your entries.
- After that you have to click on the home menu next to the File menu shown at the top of Excel.
- Once you have clicked the home menu, you have to click on the conditional formatting option.
- After clicking on it, another tab will open, out of which you have to go to high light Cell Rules, after that another tab will open, in that you have to click on the Duplicate Values as shown in the picture below.
- As soon as you click on Duplicate Values, all your duplicate records will become high lighted.
- If you want, you can also change the color of those duplicate records. Which we have shown in the picture below
So see how easily you got all the duplicate records. Let us now see how to delete those duplicate records.
How to Remove Duplicate Records in Ms-Excel?
- For that you have to select the data as we did before.
- After that you have to go to the Data menu.
- After going to the data option, you have to click on the Remove Duplicates options as soon as you click all the duplicate records will be deleted.
So by following these steps, you can easily find duplicate records and also delete them.